Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's (almost) party time

It's almost birthday party time!  Maya will turn 3 on May 30 (Memorial Day, this year) and we're going to have a little party the day before. Somehow it snuck up on me . . . we're a week and a half away and I still have to order, um, everything (paper goods, decorations, etc).  I'm also furiously spring cleaning (which is why I haven't had as much time to blog), and I've decided to repaint all of the doors & moulding, too, so I'm scrubbing and taping:

Is it weird that I like the way the tape looks?  It's like racing stripes.

But we have done some prep.  Take a look at Maya's adorable party outfit:


It's a jungle/safari theme---how great are those zebra stripes?!

Also, if you're planning a party, it helps to have a really generous friend who is the Birthday Party Queen . . . she may just ship you her leftover giant cardboard animals. 

Yeah, you read that correctly.


That's my scary tiger face.  It's really hard not to growl when you're next to a giant cat.

See what I mean? Not even Parker could resist.  Although his scary face leaves something to be desired.


Other upcoming stuff:  Follow-up cardiology appt-this week, 3 yr pediatrician check-next week, then birthday bash, then my 10 yr college reunion, and then Maya's ABR-June 7.

4 comments:

Colleen H said...

Happy Birthday to an adorable three year old. Great outfit for the birthday girl - have a great day.

Tiffany said...

That's awesome!! My husband's birthday is May 30th too...what a great day!

Darlene said...

Where did u get the shirt?

Dana said...

Sorry for the late reply----I got the shirt on Etsy! I believe the shop was called "Two Kangaroos" or something similar.