Saturday, March 22, 2008

31 weeks

I really have nothing interesting to say. Here's a run-of-the-mill pregnancy update:

I'm starving and slightly afraid of gaining 30 lbs in the next 9 weeks. 2 weeks ago I nearly panicked when I gained 3 lbs in one week---but then the next week I lost nearly a pound, so it still evened out to about 1 lb per week. I know that I shouldn't worry about it, but I don't want to end up trying to deliver a 10 lb baby. (As of week 30 I had gained 25 ish lbs.)

Oh, by the way, I don't tell the little baby ticker at the top of the screen what to say. It just comes up automatically (in case you were wondering how I came up with these weekly quotes).

Baby Update
The baby is getting bigger and moving around like crazy (it's now around 17-18 inches long and weighs 3.5 lbs). It now gets the hiccups! I feel kind of bad for it . . . sometimes hiccups hurt. It gains about half a lb per week from now on, which is good because I'm starving. Seriously, I've been so hungry for the past couple of days. The only thing stopping me from eating constantly is the miserable heartburn that hits if I eat too much at a time.
I haven't really had any swelling (although my feet are magically bigger and I can only wear Crocs) or contractions yet (thankfully). However, the midwife is concerned about the long hours that I have at work. Apparently if you work more than 44 hours a week at an active job, the chances of premature labor increase. We work a little over 50 hours a week, so she said that I need to either cut back or lay down at work. It sounds silly, but I guess laying down helps fight gravity or something . . . so now I have to lay down at work from time to time :)

No comments: